Six Days of Rotterdam Day 5: Madison Photo Finish Keeps Terpstra & Keisse in 2nd
Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team riders Niki Terpstra and Iljo Keisse were just centimeters shy of winning the final Madison and earning crucial points toward the general classification in the fifth day of Six Days of Rotterdam on Monday.
The duo went into the day in 2nd, and finished the night in the same position after a photo finish gave the victory to Michael Morkov and Alex Rasmussen. Terpstra and Keisse were also in a good position going into the final event thanks to a great derny race victory by Terpstra. Keisse and Terpstra have one final day to try and win their second straight Six Days of Rotterdam, having also won the event in January of 2013. Good luck Niki and Iljo!
Six Days of Rotterdam, Day 5
1. Kenny De Ketele, Jasper De Buyst - 308 points
2. Niki Terpstra, Iljo Keisse - 295 points (+1 lap)
3. Michael Morkov, Alex Rasmussen - 292 points (+1 lap)
4. Jens Mouris, Wim Stroetinga - 185 points (+1 lap)
5. Barry Markus, Leif Lampater - 152 points (+2 laps)